Have you received a letter regarding foreclosure on your house?
Our experienced staff can help you understand your options without any cost to you
We know Mainers today are facing tough economic times. House payments, food, healthcare costs, car payments, gas, and all of our other life expenses make it tough to maintain a good financial balance. If you’re struggling to maintain this balance and stay in your home, you’re not alone. We offer free counseling for homeowners at all stages of delinquency. Whether you are staying current with payments that feel unaffordable or you are months (or years) behind on your mortgage payments, we have expert counselors who can help you create a plan.
Our free Foreclosure Intervention Counseling includes:
- Help navigating Maine’s judicial foreclosure process (paperwork, mediations, communication with attorneys)
- Performing a financial analysis to determine mortgage affordability
- Completing an emergency budget and a sustainable budget
- Negotiating with mortgage companies for delinquency workout options
- Verifying the legitimacy of retention offers
- Reviewing and explaining complicated legal documents and programs
- Helping homeowners wanting to leave their homes (via short sale, deed-in-lieu, or consent to judgment)