We’re looking for a Strategic Planning & Research Officer to join our team!
What we’re looking for:
We are searching for an energetic, outgoing, and organized Strategic Planning & Research Officer!
This position will be responsible for conceiving of, researching, and utilizing data about the people Avesta serves, and aims to serve, in order to advance our ability to do so. It will assist in the design and planning of conceptual visions, goals, policies & strategies aimed at resident success, and measurement of program effectiveness. In addition, this position will interpret, analyze, and present the data collected to Senior Management and others inside and outside of the organization.
Other responsibilities include researching & modeling trends in affordable housing and both the Avesta and wider community, developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, and analytics in order to better utilize the affordable housing resources available, maximize efficiency, and support resident and applicant satisfaction.
- Strong interest in applying expertise and personal enthusiasm for data-informed decision-making, program development, and data analysis to our Mission – “Avesta Housing improves lives and strengthens communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need”
- College degree and experience in a related field, along with experience in data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively, both collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently, and within both the public and private sectors.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Strong strategic thinking, communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience using statistical analysis software (Stata strongly preferred).
- Experience using MS Office, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong experience creating and utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong technology skills and the ability to easily learn new applications.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to set and reset priorities as business needs shift.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Experience with affordable housing programs preferred.
- Experience using SQL preferred.
- Experience utilizing charting, graphing and mapping software preferred (including Tableau).
Excellent benefit package, including
- employer-paid health
- 401(k) with immediate vested match
- flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- life, long- and short-term disability
- paid holidays
- paid parental leave
- generous earned time
- wellness benefits
- excellent working environment
Founded in 1972, Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with over 40 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development and property management in southern Maine and New Hampshire. The organization is headquartered in Portland, Maine and currently has more than 80 properties and 2,200 apartments in its portfolio. Avesta’s mission is to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need. Its five areas of focus are advocacy, development, property management, homeownership, and assisted living.
307 Cumberland Avenue
Portland, ME 04101
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: Monday- Friday – 8:30-4:30
Appointments are available by request.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please call: 207-553-7777 to schedule an appointment.
NEW HAMPSHIRE OFFICE
4 Meeting Place Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: By appointment only