We’re looking for an Associate Director of Development to join our team!
What we’re looking for:
We are searching for an energetic, outgoing, and organized Associate Director of Development!
Avesta Housing has created this new position to provide strategic leadership in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that supports and aligns with the agency’s vision for growth and strategic plan.
The Associate Director of Development will work closely with the Board of Directors, President & CEO, Director of Development & Communications, and other staff and volunteers to provide a systematic approach to fundraising efforts with a focus on a capital campaign, annual fund, and grants.
This position will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan for Avesta Housing, including plans for annual giving, foundation and corporate support, and individual gifts.
- Identify and cultivate new relationships with individuals, foundations, businesses, and corporations to solicit financial contributions.
- Establish and ensure operating practices regarding, but not limited to, correspondence, gift processing, acknowledgements, and financial reporting.
- Oversee the comprehensive calendar of activities in support of development.
- Maintain the quality and integrity of the donor management system and donor-related information and reports.
- Develop compelling solicitation materials for varying donor and constituent segments.
- Coordinate and execute outreach and solicitation mailings.
- Develop and manage expense budgets for the fundraising programs.
- Manage donor stewardship. Ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate recording and acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all areas of fundraising and a proven record of successful cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years specific experience in capital campaigns, individual giving, annual fund, and/or major gifts, and organizing data to measure progress toward benchmarks.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, project management, organizational skills; capable of working effectively with members of the Board, other volunteers, donors and prospective donors, staff members, and consultants.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Greater Portland philanthropic community highly desired.
- Computer fluency in MS Office and fundraising software.
Excellent benefit package, including
- employer-paid health
- 401(k) with immediate vested match
- flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- life, long- and short-term disability
- paid holidays
- paid parental leave
- generous earned time
- wellness benefits
- excellent working environment
Founded in 1972, Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with over 40 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development and property management in southern Maine and New Hampshire. The organization is headquartered in Portland, Maine and currently has more than 80 properties and 2,200 apartments in its portfolio. Avesta’s mission is to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need. Its five areas of focus are advocacy, development, property management, homeownership, and assisted living.
307 Cumberland Avenue
Portland, ME 04101
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: Monday- Friday - 8:30-4:30
Appointments are available by request.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please call: 207-553-7777 to schedule an appointment.
NEW HAMPSHIRE OFFICE
4 Meeting Place Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: By appointment only