We’re looking for a superstar Human Resources Specialist!
What we’re looking for:
We need an energetic, creative, outgoing, approachable, organized, and compassionate, Human Resource Specialist who shares our passion for our mission while exemplifying our four core values of humanity, stewardship, relationships, and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HR experience preferred with an emphasis on recruiting
- A strong team player, including flexibility and a positive reaction to change
- Excellent people skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong attention to detail and ability to maintain organization despite juggling multiple, changing priorities
- Strong technical skills with experience in Microsoft Office Products
- Exemplify our core values of humanity, stewardship, relationships, and quality
- Compassion and commitment to helping Avesta achieve our mission
- Develop and administer an effective recruiting program for Avesta Housing and Seventy Five State Street
- Assist employees and managers with personnel and employee relation matters
- Participate in new hire onboarding and orientation processes
- Coordinate and update performance evaluation program to include development of online administration
- Assist in updating, maintenance, and implementation of job descriptions, personnel policies and procedures, and the Agency Personnel Manual
- Assist in coordination and administration of comprehensive compensation program
- Assist with Health and Welfare Open Enrollment
- Organize and conduct exit interviews
- Ensure the organization remains ACA compliant
- Provide backup for Payroll & HR Assistant
Excellent benefit package, including
- employer-paid health
- 401(k) with immediate vested match
- flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- life, long- and short-term disability
- paid parental leave
- paid holidays + generous earned time
- wellness benefits
- excellent working environment
- free parking in downtown Portland
This position will be primarily based in Portland, Maine: at Avesta Housing’s headquarters at 307 Cumberland Avenue and at Seventy-Five State Street at 75 State Street.
Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with more than 45 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development and property management in southern Maine and New Hampshire. Our organization is headquartered in Portland, Maine and currently has 87 properties and 2,400 apartments in its portfolio. We have a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need. We do this by focusing on advocacy, real estate development, property management, senior and assisted living, and home ownership.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – those who urgently need safe, affordable housing and those living in the homes we develop and manage. And we care deeply about our employees who work hard to support them. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and outstanding work environments. Additionally, we have just been named a 2018 Best Places to Work in Maine winner!
We know that our mission is only as strong as the people behind it. And that’s why we hire the best and we give them the tools they need to thrive. Our staff is passionate about affordable housing and the positive impact it has on lives and communities.
307 Cumberland Avenue
Portland, ME 04101
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: Monday- Friday - 8:30-4:30
Appointments are available by request.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please call: 207-553-7777 to schedule an appointment.
NEW HAMPSHIRE OFFICE
4 Meeting Place Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: By appointment only