We’re looking for a Director of Information Systems!
What we’re looking for:
We are currently seeking a Director of Information Systems to provide oversight and leadership to the Information Systems team. This person will also establish and implement strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for Avesta Housing’s Information Systems department in support of Avesta’s work in affordable housing and assisted living and determines hardware and software acquisitions and implementation needed to both accomplish high-impact organizational objectives and provide efficient, user-friendly environments. This position will also be responsible for assisting employees with technology as needed and will act as an escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Serve as trusted technology adviser and consultant across all Avesta departments.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Avesta’s affordable housing and assisted living programs and their core processes; identify strategic technology needs, offer guidance based on industry trends, and support organizational objectives through better use of technology.
- Responsible for cost-effective acquisition, operation, integration and problem-solving aspects of hardware and software systems for an efficient, unified and fully integrated technology system.
- Manage phone and internet connectivity for a scattered site portfolio; develop mission-critical reliability in assisted living facilities.
- Ensure the timely and accurate input into and reporting of data from Avesta’s real estate development, property management and asset management software systems, with systems for maintaining quality assurance and data integrity.
- Provide and coordinate technology and systems training, in conjunction with training staff when appropriate, including new staff on-boarding and ongoing programs for existing employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within information technology.
- Proven experience in IS/IT director or similar role.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Comprehensive experience with VMWare, VEEAM, SQL, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Microsoft operating systems, phone systems, network and server infrastructures, and mobile device management (including Apple).
- Experience with Yardi, Asana, Developer’s Central/Integratec, PointClickCare, HIPAA compliance preferred.
- Must possess strategic thinking beyond the technical aspects of information technology to the impact on users and the need to integrate multiple systems.
- Strong analytical, leadership, decision-making, project management, and supervisory skills required.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with customer focus.
Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with more than 45 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development and property management in southern Maine and New Hampshire. Our organization is headquartered in Portland, Maine and currently has 87 properties and 2,400 apartments in its portfolio. We have a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need. We do this by focusing on advocacy, real estate development, property management, senior and assisted living, and home ownership.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – those who urgently need safe, affordable housing and those living in the homes we develop and manage. And we care deeply about our employees who work hard to support them. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and outstanding work environments. Additionally, we have just been named a 2018 Best Places to Work in Maine winner!
We know that our mission is only as strong as the people behind it. And that’s why we hire the best and we give them the tools they need to thrive. Our staff is passionate about affordable housing and the positive impact it has on lives and communities.
307 Cumberland Avenue
Portland, ME 04101
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: Monday- Friday - 8:30-4:30
Appointments are available by request.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please call: 207-553-7777 to schedule an appointment.
NEW HAMPSHIRE OFFICE
4 Meeting Place Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: By appointment only