We’re looking for a Communications Manager!
What we’re looking for:
We are currently hiring for a creative and skilled Communications Manager to manage the internal and external communications and public relations efforts of Avesta Housing and its affiliated entities, including but not limited to website, newsletters, social media, marketing, event planning, and fundraising, while consistently following brand guidelines and promoting and furthering Avesta’s mission. This position is a member of a small communications and advancement team that collaborates with staff from all departments and programs across the organization to tell Avesta Housing’s story and advance its strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in successful communications, public relations, social media management, marketing, and website management.
- Commitment to Avesta Housing’s mission and core values of Humanity, Stewardship, Relationships, and Quality.
- Superior verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Superior creative and technical writing skills.
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office, WordPress, donor management software (e.g., DonorPerfect), and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with mainstream social media platforms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills and flexibility to organize and reprioritize work as business needs shift.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to complete tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high-quality work.
- Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions based on information at hand.
- Experience in nonprofit or affordable housing agency preferred.
- Implement new and maintain/improve existing communication, public relations, and marketing strategies to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of agency’s mission, and increase visibility across key internal and external audiences.
- Manage the identification and preparation of media opportunities, both positive and negative, including press releases, talking points, public announcements, and presentations.
- Manage and prepare presentations related to the operations and development of Avesta and its entities.
- Coordinate the production of all print and electronic collateral, including newsletters, brochures, and reports.
- Write and design a weekly internal staff e-newsletter.
- Design and write a bi-monthly external newsletter.
- Oversee all aspects of key agency events, such as ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, and ceremonies.
- Enhance and maintain organization’s websites, track and report on site metrics.
- Manage social media channels, including blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, track and report on metrics.
- Support fundraising communication and coordination, including appeals, brochures, webpages, grant applications, grant reports, and database management.
- Create and implement digital and print ads that align with strategic marketing objectives and reinforce brand.
- Guide marketing/PR strategies and platforms for individual programs and services, as needed.
- Manage the agency’s digital photograph portfolio, including organization of digital files, taking photographs at properties and events, and coordinating professional photography shoots.
Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with nearly 50 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development and property management in Maine and New Hampshire. Our organization is headquartered in Portland, Maine and currently has more than 100 properties and 3,000 apartments in its portfolio. We have a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need. We do this by focusing on advocacy, real estate development, property management, senior and assisted living, and home ownership.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – those who urgently need safe, affordable housing and those living in the homes we develop and manage. And we care deeply about our employees who work hard to support them. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and outstanding work environments. Additionally, we have just been named a 2020 Best Places to Work in Maine organization!
We know that our mission is only as strong as the people behind it. And that’s why we hire the best and we give them the tools they need to thrive. Our staff is passionate about affordable housing and the positive impact it has on lives and communities.
307 Cumberland Avenue
Portland, ME 04101
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: Monday- Friday – 8:30-4:30
Appointments are available by request.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please call: 207-553-7777 to schedule an appointment.
NEW HAMPSHIRE OFFICE
4 Meeting Place Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Toll free: 800-339-6516 (voice/TTY)
Hours: By appointment only