Oak Street Lofts
Development Completed: 2011
37 efficiency apartments
ARE YOU LOOKING TO LIVE HERE?
If you landed here because you want apply, please visit the Find An Apartment page.
Oak Street Lofts is the first affordable multifamily building in Maine to achieve LEED Platinum certification under the LEED for Homes Rating System. The building is located in the heart of Portland’s Art District within walking distance to many basic amenities and transit lines. The project incorporates many design innovations illustrating that even affordable housing projects with limited capital budgets can achieve high rates of energy efficiency and enhanced occupant comfort.
The development was designed specifically with local artists in mind, providing them with affordable rental apartments and project work space; all under one roof. Studio space was incorporated into the design of the building to provide occupants with easily accessible and free spaces in which to create.
- 37 efficiency apartments
- Low VOC building materials
- Low-voltage LED and energy-saving compact fluorescent lighting
- Motion sensor lighting in public areas
- Premium efficiency heating pumps
- High efficiency appliances
- Solar pre-heat system for hot water
- Highly insulated building envelope
- Overall 37% reduction in energy use when compared to typical construction approaches
- High walkability score