April 16, 2020:
Avesta Housing continues to work around the clock to provide safe, affordable homes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our top priority remains the health and safety of our residents. While our offices remain closed to the public, we are very much open for business and working harder than ever.
Our staff are following heightened precautions at our affordable properties while promoting CDC-recommended social distancing, cleaning, and hygiene practices among our residents. Our assisted-living communities, 75 State Street and Inn at Village Square, continue their vigilant around-the-clock protocols to prevent the exposure and spread of COVID-19.
This is a challenging time for our organization and the people who live and work in our communities. At a time when we see our residents and neighbors struggling tremendously with their personal finances and housing stability, our mission is more relevant than ever. We remain committed to improving lives and strengthening communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need.
Thank you to the organizations and individuals who have supported us through this difficult time.
March 24, 2020:
We continue to monitor the progression of COVID-19 in Maine and New Hampshire. This pandemic has broad and deep impact on our residents, staff, and operations. We have been working hard behind the scenes to adapt to the new environment in which we all live while continuing to provide safe, affordable homes for our 4,000+ residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
Our staff remaining safe and healthy is not only important to us personally, but it’s also essential to Avesta being able to continue its mission effectively. At this time, we are extending our period of remote operations for our staff working in property management and our administrative departments, including the Avesta NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center. While these offices remain closed to the public, all of our staff continue to work diligently to carry out their duties. Our maintenance staff will continue to fulfill only emergency work orders in order to focus on heightened cleaning regimens that we have established during this time.
Our affiliates in assisted living, 75 State Street and Inn at Village Square, continue to post updates on their respective websites and Facebook pages. This is a particularly challenging time for our residents and staff in these communities and we continue to support them in every way we can.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. We’re proud to be part of such an extensive community of caring people and organizations.
March 15, 2020:
We continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and the guidance of medical experts and public health officials as we determine how best to protect both our staff and residents while continuing our mission to provide safe, affordable homes for our 4,000+ current residents. We acknowledge that the severity and unprecedented nature of this situation is stressful and frightening for many among us, and we’re working hard to support the members of our community in the ways we can.
Please note these important operational updates:
- Our offices, including our main office located at 307 Cumberland Avenue in Portland, will be closed to the public for at least the next two weeks.
- We are moving to a remote work environment for general inquiries, applications, and resident questions and requests.
> General inquiries and applications should be directed to 207-553-7777, 1-800-339-6516 (voice/TTY), or Info@AvestaHousing.org.
> Online applications are still available and will continue to be processed through our website: www.AvestaHousing.org/find-an-apartment/.
> Residents should reach out to their property manager or resident service coordinator with any questions or concerns. Property management staff will continue to be present at properties, as needed, but should be contacted by email or phone as a first step.
- Our property management team will be responding to emergency work orders only so we can focus on heightened sanitation protocols in our properties to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents. Please continue to report regular work orders, but we ask you to be patient until we resume responses to regular work orders. All work orders can still be submitted by phone (207-553-7777 or 1-800-339-6516 (TTY/VOICE)) or online resident portal (https://www.AvestaHousing.org/resident-portal/).
- Our administrative offices (human resources, accounting, real estate development, communications, fundraising, technology, asset management) will also be operating remotely. Please feel free to call or email staff in these departments.
- Our HomeOwnership Center team is transitioning currently-scheduled classes to online and counseling sessions to virtual meetings and will reach out to clients to provide additional details.
- 75 State Street and Inn at Village Square continue to restrict non-essential visitors to their facilities in addition to an extensive list of other precautionary measures.
- We have requested that any staff member experiencing symptoms of illness remain home.
These changes are effective immediately and will be in place for at least the next two weeks. We will continue to assess the situation and make adjustments, as needed.
Our normal business hours remain the same: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We kindly ask that anyone needing to connect with a member of our staff do so by phone or email first.
We will do everything in our power to respond compassionately and responsibly to the needs of our staff, residents, and larger community. Thank you for your patience and support during this time.
⇒ Cliquez ici pour plus d’informations en français
March 12, 2020:
At Avesta Housing, providing safe, affordable homes is our top priority. At this time, we are devoting significant resources toward mitigating the impact of COVID-19 on residents, staff, and overall operations.
Avesta Housing is an affordable housing owner and manager with 100 properties, 2,700 units, 4,000+ residents, and nearly 300 employees throughout Maine and New Hampshire. As part of our portfolio, Avesta operates two assisted-living communities that house nearly 200 senior residents who rely on around-the-clock support services.
Avesta is committed to taking proactive and thorough measures to promote positive health outcomes for residents, staff, partners, and the wider community. To ensure the safety and health of our community, we have enacted the following policies:
- Avesta has formed an internal COVID-19 Response Team that will meet daily to review status and recommendations from the CDC and local authorities, and coordinate activity to support and protect residents and staff throughout the organization.
- Assisted Living communities 75 State Street and Inn at Village Square have banned all non-essential visitors, including family members, friends, volunteers, and neighbors. Only staff and essential healthcare workers will be permitted in these buildings until further notice.
- All other Avesta properties have restricted outside activities until further notice.
- We have increased cleaning and infection-prevention protocols at all of our properties.
- We are suspending all non-essential out-of-Maine/New Hampshire work travel by employees.
We are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We will make adjustments to operations where appropriate or as advised by the CDC and other authorities. Thank you for your patience and support during this time.